The Best Deep Cryogenic Processing Equipment
Controlled Thermal Processing (CTP) builds and sells top-of-the-line cryogenic processing equipment to industry leaders around the world. Our rugged, vacuum-insulated equipment is designed to be so efficient that your lower materials operating cost more than makes up for the cost of premium equipment in the shortest time possible.
If you want to bring the largest bottom-line benefit to your production floor, call today for a machine that fits your needs at the right price.
Our equipment is suitable for any cryogenic processing application.
- Industrial – Carbide and steel tools, bits, dies, and industrial diamonds.
- Transportation – Engine blocks, springs, drums, rotors.
- Marine – Engine components, racing props, shafts, and screws.
- Electronics and Audio Equipment – Circuit boards, wires, and other components.
- Musical Instruments- Treated instruments can improve octave ranges and durability.
How Our Machines Work
The goal of any cryogenic processing is to optimize the crystalline structure of your materials by getting them to cryogenic (-244°F or below) temperatures. Most processors accomplish this with a spray bar, which can lead to thermal shock, damaging your equipment.
Our cryogenic treatment equipment uses an internal heat exchanger in a vacuum insulated Dewar to give you even, controlled results for consistent output. Three different sizes give you the ability to choose the right tool for the right job, each with our leading-edge research built in.
- Long-lived, permanent vacuum insulation is the best for your bottom line. There’s no compressor pump to fail, material to degrade, or internal structural support to transfer heat. Reliability and efficiency are built in. Our first vacuum insulated machine is still in service, several machines are still going after decades of use, and if the seal ever does break, it is easier and cheaper to repair than any insulation substrate.
- The most efficient machines available. Due to our innovative design and the even cooling afforded by our round chamber, our cryogenic tempering equipment has the lowest use of liquid nitrogen of any available machine on the market.
- The patented heat exchanger technology minimizes thermal stress and shock. Our one-of-a-kind heat exchanger uses a totally dry process; no spray bars to spray liquid nitrogen on the payload.
- Heating element allows tempering right in the machine. You can precisely control the temperature range from -315°F to +320°F. This translates to lower costs, more control over the cycle, and the ability to temper parts in the machine. This means no additional tempering oven is necessary, providing you considerable savings and flexibility.
- Microprocessor based industrial temperature control stores multiple programs. This unit is meant for industrial settings.
- Paperless electronic chart recorder makes a permanent record of every run. It tracks the temperature that the control is asking for, the actual temperature inside the processor and the temperature of the part being processed.
- We have cryogenic treatment equipment in service worldwide. When we say we are a global authority on cryogenic treatment equipment and processing, we mean it. Please note: export versions are slightly higher due to modifications needed to adapt to different electrical currents, and to cover other costs associated with export.
- Our machines are backed by Controlled Thermal Processing’s one-year warranty. For a period of one year after delivery, CTP will supply replacement parts and repair instructions to remedy any defects in workmanship or materials, at no cost to the customer.
*Dead weight is the weight of the interior of the machine that needs to be brought down to liquid nitrogen temperatures during the process and is therefore related to nitrogen consumption.
Zero Load Nitrogen Usage is the amount of liquid nitrogen to run a cycle for an empty machine (no payload) on a cycle which consists of an eight hour ramp down to -300F and a twenty hour hold at that temperature. To calculate nitrogen usage for the machine being run with a payload, add 0.25 liters of liquid nitrogen per pound of steel payload to this figure.
We find that our cryogenic tempering machines are able to process virtually any load that can be placed in them, assuming there is some space in the machine for air to circulate around the load. The CP-1200vi is designed for and can easily accommodate loads of 3000 lbs. We routinely put loads of 2500 lbs. in CP-500vis in our brake processing plants.
Some Research for You to Read
Choose Controlled Thermal Processing Equipment Today
Our cryogenic processing equipment is the right solution for your cryogenic processing needs. Our decades as a leader in the cryogenic processing industry has uniquely positioned us to offer our customers the same machines we use ourselves. State-of-the-art design, leading-edge science, and world-class customer service add up to an easy choice. Invest in your company’s bottom line today; call for a quote on your new cryogenic tempering equipment from CTP.